[Web4lib] collecting form input

David Kane dkane at wit.ie
Wed Aug 16 03:08:32 EDT 2006

Mark,

I think that the best solution would be to use a server side scripting
language.  This could be a number of things.  The commonest is PHP,
followed by things linke ASP, PERL and JSP.

Which of these does your server support?

The GET/POST method is less important, though POST is the common one.
Don't even worry about the MIME type, (multipart...), unless you are
uploading files. You seem to just be uploading text.

Your best option is to write the thing to a comma or tab-separated file
and then to export this to Excel.  Once there, you can manipulate the
data.  It is possible then, I think to export to Access, without too
much problem.

David Kane,
http://library.wit.ie/