[Web4lib] Drupal & Plone

William Forgette wforgette at linc.lib.il.us
Tue Aug 8 08:21:12 EDT 2006

We just started using drupal for our library website and are very happy with
it. Can't vouch for Plone since we have no exposure to it.

Are installation of Drupal was very straight forward, even on a windows 2003
server with IIS 6.0, although things such as cron would probably work better
on a LAMP setup. I already had php set up on the box and mysql.  Getting
drupal in place took just about ten minutes.

We focused on getting our content migrated and now our next step will be to
dive into the stylesheets and such to give it a look that is more our own.

If you search the archives, you should be able to gather a list of library
sites that use drupal, I saw that covered in the past.

Good luck with your project!

---
William A. Forgette
Computer Services Department Head