[LITA-L:238] Re: [Web4lib] Academic library initiatives in Second Life

Tom Peters tapinformation at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 18:07:53 EDT 2006

Good point, Roy.  I would even extend my request for information to include academic libraries and consortia that have had serious discussions about developing library services for second life and have decided not to proceed at this time.  So, please include not only _why_ but, if pertinent, _why not_.

Feel free to reply directly to me or to the list.  Late in August I will try to summarize back to LITA-L and Web4Lib all the responses received, the academic library-related Second Life activities underway, and the reasons pro and con given.  Thanks.

Tom Peters

TAP Information Services
1000 SW 23rd Street
Blue Springs, MO 64015
phone: 816-228-6406
email: tapinformation at yahoo.com
web: www.tapinformation.com

TAP Information Services provides a wide variety of high quality
planning, consulting, research, and assessment services
supporting libraries, library consortia, government agencies, professional associations, and other information-intensive organizations.