[Web4lib] Drupal on a Windows server?

Houghton, Sarah houghton at plsinfo.org
Fri Aug 4 12:34:14 EDT 2006

Mr. Klein asked "Why go with IIS?  Do you have something else running on it?"

The server isn't ours, strictly speaking.  I started here at the San Mateo County Library four months ago, and found that the library runs its website on a server owned and managed by our consortium (the Peninsula Library System).  Most of the member libraries, with one exception I believe, run their sites on the consortium's server.  We currently don't have direct access to the server, although I've pushed for that to change and it should be soon.

The server is what it is.  Why they have chosen IIS, I don't know.  I'm trying to gauge whether or not what they're providing us with is able to handle what we need as we move to Drupal.  If not, then we'd need to outsource our hosting.

Sarah Houghton