[Web4lib] Drupal on a Windows server?

Houghton, Sarah houghton at plsinfo.org
Thu Aug 3 19:33:03 EDT 2006

Are there any libraries who are successfully using Drupal, and all the
associated components, as their CMS on a Windows 2003 IIS 6 server?  A
Windows server in general?

We're in the beginning stages of totally redesigning our site from the
ground up and want to use Drupal, but have concerns about the server we
currently have access to.  I found installation instructions on the
Black Mountain blog (http://www.blkmtn.org/node/197), but there is much
more documentation on Linux installations.  From scanning the blogs and
forums, it seems that people have had some hiccups with Drupal on
Windows, and we're concerned that we may be painting ourselves into a
nasty corner if we choose to use a Windows server.

Any feedback or input is helpful.

Sarah Houghton
Information and Web Services Manager

San Mateo County Library