[Web4lib] 800x600 Browser Resolution

Keith D. Engwall kengwall at catawba.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:12:12 EDT 2006

From what I've read on design sites, the general consensus appears to be that both liquid and fixed layouts are flawed, and it's up to you to decide which flaws you prefer (and both sides have very passionate advocates).  Min and max widths, once they are universally supported, appear to be the best solution.

The good news is that IE 7 is reported to support these, so eventually (not necessarily soon, but eventually), this debate will shift over to how to support legacy browsers, and the consensus there is that it needs to look good but not perfect, and *both* of these layouts fall under that category.

Keith