[Web4lib] Federated search products andFullText/PeerReviewlimiting

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 24 15:24:08 EDT 2006

On 4/24/06, David Walker <dwalker at csusm.edu> wrote:

> DOM, but if JavaScript is turned off or the user has an older browser,
> obviously AJAX will not provide us with an out.

Of course, this user is going to have issues with vast swaths of the web,
anyway... I think they'd be used to a lack of functionality at this point.

I would be more concerned about the effect of AJAX on screen readers than
older browsers, and, honestly, this can depricate gracefully... Link to the
resolver menu until the results come back cleanly (and if they don't, no
harm no foul... the user just has to walk through another step).

-Ross.