[Web4lib] Federated search products and Full Text/Peer Reviewlimiting

Reiten, Beth beth.reiten at okstate.edu
Tue Apr 18 12:44:56 EDT 2006

 Not yet.  We've had Serials Solutions' Central Search for a little less
than a year (public since January), and we turned off the peer reviewed
filter in September and turned off the full-text filter before we rolled
it out to the public.  The problem seems to be the same problem as with
other parts of the federated searching puzzle: the lack of
standardization in how data is sent across.  It seems as though these
two nuts are harder to crack than some of the others, perhaps because
they're more optional than something like a title.

At the same time, I know this is something Serials Solutions is working
on, and I suspect they'll have it cracked in the semi-near future.

*Please note my new email address*
Beth Reiten, Asst. Professor & Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-9109