[Web4lib] google & library catalogs

Annette Bailey afbailey at vt.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:31:17 EDT 2006

You could also contact us at LibX and have us build a LibX Firefox
extension for you that gives your users the ability to search your
catalog from a toolbar and right-click context menu.  We also embed
cues in pages, such as the Google search results page, that allow
users to run the same search against your library's catalog with one
click.

"In the same vein, they'd
offer library findability from inside Google Book Search. "

LibX offers that with a cue (your logo).

It's free, it's open source, and it does a whole lot more than what I
mentioned above.

Virginia Tech's edition is here with a brief list of features:
http://www.lib.vt.edu/services/libX/libX.php

More information is here:
http://libx.org/

Annette