[Web4lib] RSS FEEDERS/aggregators

Kelly Green bibliophile_kg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 19:42:54 EDT 2006

Like many others I use Bloglines - primarily for the convenience and portability. To be honest I've not bothered exploring others at this time.

    However, I caught a review of online aggregators that might be of interest to anyone who wants to explore more about online aggregators.

    http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/03/30/the-state-of-online-feed-readers/

    Techcrunch does a good job providing timely articles regarding various "web 2.0" applications and capabilities.

Kelly Green
BTW Jennifer, I have done the solo librarian gig before so I completely understand your struggle :)

At 01:20 AM 3/31/2006, jennifer.kirton at dpi.nsw.gov.au wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>As an overworked, solo, special librarian I'm about two years behind with
>all the latest technology etc, but I would like to start using RSS feeds
>to stay up to date. (Once I knew what I was doing, I would look to
>introduce it to my  library clients as well)
>
>I would appreciate any suggestions - based on your own experiences - for>a web-based aggregator and for a desktop (Windows) aggregator (I.T. says>they wont allow me to download any, but I am working on them!).

<snipped>