[Web4lib] google & library catalogs

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Mon Apr 10 18:16:42 EDT 2006

Unfortunately this reminds me of the early, horrific days of Gopher,
where book records from individual libraries started showing up in
Veronica searches. The problem is the incredible noise that comes
from locating 35,000 different records for Hamlet from 20,000
libraries worldwide, and not a clue what to do with the information.
I would argue strenously against doing this, and instead allow the
very rational method of OCLC's Open WorldCat project to guide users
to your library.
Roy