[Web4lib] Peter Morville to speak at Annual NEASIST Dinner Thursday, May 11 - Save the Date!!

Caryn Anderson carynlanderson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 20:11:34 EDT 2006

Apologies for any cross postings....

Save the date and plan to join us!!

NEASIS&T Awards Dinner with special guest
Peter Morville "Ambient Findability"
May 11 2006, 6-9pm
MIT Faculty Club, 50 Memorial Drive (Building E52), Cambridge, MA

On Ambient Findability: "At the crossroads of ubiquitous computing and
the Internet, the user experience is out of control, and findability
is the real story. Access changes the game. We can select our sources
and choose our news. We can find who and what we need, when and where
we want. As society shifts from push to pull, findability shapes who
we trust, how we learn, and where we go. In this cyberspace safari,
Peter Morville explores the future present in search algorithms,
embedded metadata, ontologies, folksonomies, mobile devices, findable
objects, evolutionary psychology, and the long tail of the
sociosemantic web."

Registration available soon!

Subscribe to the RSS feed from the NEASIST Events Blog for updates:
http://www.neasist.org/events/

--
Caryn Anderson
Program Coordinator