[Web4lib] Re: FluWikie, or the authoritative Wiki?

V. Chris & Tom Tinney, Sr. vctinney at dcn.org
Fri Sep 30 20:51:19 EDT 2005

John Hubbard wrote:

> Creating a repository of authoritative medical information on a Wiki,
> how interesting! I'm curious what other librarians think of this idea.
>
> A few library staff webs have started stuff with wikis. There's a
> growing list at (where else): http://www.liswiki.com/wiki/Wiki
>
> - John

Wiki use is expanding Research and Learning capacity worldwide.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia tool for learning and researching,
that is as accurate, comprehensive and unbiased as the contributors
to the site.
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/archives.htm#Research

It is helpful in adding data resources to Libraries and Museums
content, in conjunction with other major information sites; such as,
combining introductory Chat Reference Libraries - LISWiki,
with How to Speak Librarianese.
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/librariesmuseums.htm

There are combinations of Documentation and Publications,
that significantly expand database resource links, when used
in tandem with wiki information and historical background sites;
especially in the ever growing fields of genealogy and family
history documentation and vital records online.
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/documentationpublications.htm#Docvr

Data reference sources can be created worldwide, using foreign
library sites in combination with domestic international links, by wiki
additions to specific item interests; by example, newspapers.
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/bookspublicationsgenealogical.htm#Newspapers

Respectfully yours,

Tom Tinney, Sr.
Who's Who in America, Millennium Edition [54th] - 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, {both editions]
Genealogy and Family History Internet Web Directory
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/