[Web4lib] What's wrong with this picture?

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Sep 20 11:57:30 EDT 2005

Off-list, I suggested Stacy get a second opinion (at least an informal one)
on "we don't need no steenkin' accessibility." I question the rationale that
a private college is fully exempt from website accessibility requirements.
Legal or not, the answer would be helpful to all of us.

The person who talked about picking and choosing battles made a good
strategic point. The usability/accessibility/validation issues are an
excellent locus for Stacy's efforts to improve the site and perhaps, at
least a little bit, change how business is done. She may not be able to
change the whole thing, but she could help make the site more usable and
drive home a couple of important points.

Incidentally, there's a new edition of Steve Krug's book, Don't Make Me
Think. Also, I haven't used it, but Dreamweaver 8 claims to be able to
identify through Priority 2 accessibility checkpoints (I assume starting
from Priority 1... ;> ).

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com