[Web4lib] Integrated Library Systems whose only client is a browser

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 11:04:58 EDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:48:29 +0100
> From: John Fitzgibbon <jfitzgibbon at Galwaylibrary.ie>
>
> Are there any large Integrated Library Systems whose only client is
> a browser? By a browser only client, I mean, it is possible to
> catalogue, and issue and return books using a web browser.

I believe that Koha meets this description:
	http://www.koha.org/
As a very pleasant bonus, it is free (i.e. open source).  If you don't
want to install it yourself, and prefer to have a vendor to call on,
there are companies such as LibLime
	http://liblime.com/
that exist precisely in order to offer these kinds of services in
support of Koha.

Hope this helps.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently
	 advanced" -- Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law.