[Web4lib] Why use the plus symbol before search terms when go ogling?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:59:21 EDT 2005

I've always thought that Google's default treatment of common words as
stop words was unnecessarily scolding in nature.  My favorite example
was the old conundrum for online search services:

 to be or not to be

In the past Google complained that most of the phrase was common
words, to be ignored.  Check out what it does now -- use no plus
signs, no quotation marks.

Be sure to scroll down a bit.

/rich