[Web4lib] More on the Open Content Alliance

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:25:57 EDT 2005

Huh? 'In many cases you have choices'?
You're darn right it isn't Google Library-- the desire to do something cool
and splashy instead of being easy to read, which haunts librarianship, has
clearly run amuck there. I don't care if it's 'quite beautiful', I want to
be able to use it. And the main pages just don't work, either of them.
Sneaking around to the 'back door' via directory listing isn't a 'choice' of
how to view it, it's a kludgey work-around. There's no direct link to a
'side door' for text from either of the front pages, and there's no obvious
list of the texts available.

You don't have to abandon useable design just to distance your website from
Google.

-- Jenne Heise