[Web4lib] Nielsen's Top 10 - 2005 version

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Fri Oct 21 13:05:48 EDT 2005

Mike Taylor wrote:

> And guess what?  I don't.  I _never_ go to AOL, C-Net, Salon of NYT,
> and only rarely to the LC site as my job dictates.
>
> I'm sure I'm not alone.

I forgot to add Yahoo, Sun Microsystems and IBM.

The whole point is these are high-traffic'ed sites.  If they are in the
majority, then what they do by default is a "convention".  You might
want to argue against them but I'm not quite sure how successful you'll be.

But going one way or the other is a design decision.  It's based on
where you think the vast majority of your users are.  If you think the
vast majority of your users have monitors set at 1600x1200 and love
resizing their windows to get the text right, then you'll design your
site with them in mind.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com