[Web4lib] folksonomics and tagging?

Catherine Lemmer catherinel at galesburglibrary.org
Fri Oct 21 11:10:56 EDT 2005

I heard Stephen Abram, past president of the Candian Library Association, and
current VP of Innovations at SirsiDynix speak at the Illinois Library Association
Conference last week.  Despite feeling like I was walking into a wind tunnel (ie, way
behind the times), I felt truly inspired to be in our profession.  Anyway, he mentioned
folksonomies and tagging.  Can someone offer a brief explanation of these?  His
powerpoint presentation is available on the Alliance Library System (Peoria, IL) site.
www.alliancelibrarysystem.com

Catherine A. Lemmer
Head of Reference
Galesburg Public Library