[Web4lib] Nielsen's Top 10 - 2005 version

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Thu Oct 20 18:36:19 EDT 2005

  Lars Aronsson writes

> You don't hear his name half as often now as in 1999.  Web usability
> is perhaps not so much of an issue anymore, since the most
> fundamental mistakes are less and less common.

  The fact that the Nielsen points out old errors in his 2005 list
  suggests to me that old sins die hard.

  As a laugh, look at the "faculty aerobics" at what is
  supposed to be be one of the best US library schools:

http://istweb.syr.edu/facstaff/

  Can there be something more silly? I think it is hard
  to beat, but I am happy to read other suggestions for
  worst web design sins in library land.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                             mailto:krichel at openlib.org
                                        http://openlib.org/home/krichel