[Web4lib] MyLibrary-LIKE: Who, What, Where?

Charlie McNeil umassdlcc at umassd.edu
Mon Oct 17 23:27:27 EDT 2005

John -

Thanks much for the informative reply.

We've setup a test MyLibrary configuration and Eric has been very kind in
answering some of our questions.

I thought I had found most every article/presentation on MyLibrary, but I
had somehow missed your presentation and the accompanying PDF.

Just from the outside, it "looks" like many libraries are using some sort of
database-based website. It's just hard to tell how many are MyLibrary-like
in their approach. Others are CMS-based, but that too is hard to tell (we've
looked at quite a few - Mambo/joomla and Drupal the latest). I would guess a
few are a mix of CMS and MyLibrary - wish I knew which ;-) uPortal seems
like another step up in capability and technical expertise needed to
implement. Dunno. Will explore further.

Many thanks for the reply! It really is much appreciated.

- Charlie