[Web4lib] Interesting Google Print article in Slate

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:42:37 EDT 2005

By Tim Wu, an associate professor at the University of Virginia Law
School who teaches intellectual property:

Leggo my ego: GooglePrint and the other culture war. Slate magazine,
October 17, 2005. http://slate.msn.com/id/2128094/

"At stake are two different visions of what might best promote
authorship in this country. One side trumpets the culture of authorial
exposure, the other urges the culture of authorial control. The relevant
questions, respectively, are: Do we think the law should help authors
maximize their control over their work? Or are authors best served by
exposure-making it easier to find their work?"

Bernie Sloan
Senior Information Systems Consultant
Consortium of Academic & Research Libraries in Illinois
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820-5752

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454