[Web4lib] Authority + Wikipedia

Peter Morville morville at semanticstudios.com
Wed Oct 12 19:18:06 EDT 2005

Excellent points Jennifer. I would add that we can also accomplish the goal
of making high quality information more findable by encouraging companies
like Google and Yahoo! to integrate better "authority algorithms" into their
search engines. And I'm using "encouraging" in a broad sense that includes
"making it difficult for them not to." Perhaps librarians need to become
authority activists.

Peter Morville
President, Semantic Studios
http://semanticstudios.com