[Web4lib] effect of e-use on circulation [was: Authority + Wikipedia]

Jennifer Heise jenne.heise at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:57:29 EDT 2005

If you want direct evidence that free electronic access is not necessarily
an impediment to print sales, Baen books (http://www.baen.com/AboutUs.htm)
is probably the place to go. If you read the intro to their Electronic
Library: http://www.baen.com/library/
you see that they've used free online versions to get people to buy print.
Has it worked? Well, both free and very very cheap ebooks appear to have
worked for them: http://www.baen.com/AboutUs.htm

- Jenne Heise