[Web4lib] Uses of Social Software in Libraries?

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Wed Oct 12 00:12:54 EDT 2005

At 12:06 pm +0800 12/10/05, Edward Spodick wrote:
>We have some faculty who are insistent on not using cookies - and others who simply prefer to avoid them where possible.  This means some sites won't work for them.  Our Library's systems, digital initiatives, etc. will not be included in that list.

I should probably clarify - I have no problem with software/products which use cookies for various functions, authorizations, etc.  I do have a problem with one which won't let you do or present anything except an error message when cookies are disabled.  If the product is mostly functional, except for certain features/capabilities, then it still might be appropriate for our use.  Sorry if I sounded to much like a neo-luddite there.  :)

--
Edward F Spodick, Information Technology Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library