[Web4lib] 2005 WLA/MPLA Conference Webcast & Blog

Erin Kinney EKINNE at state.wy.us
Tue Oct 4 17:55:58 EDT 2005

The Wyoming Library Association (WLA) and the Mountain Plains Library Association (MPLA) are proud to announce that we will be webcasting our joint conference next week, October 12 - 14, 2005.

This is the first time a WLA or MPLA conference will be webcast.  The Teton County Library (WY) received a grant to purchase the equipment to do this.   The site they have set up to stream video from the conference site is up and ready to go. You can access it at http://www.tclib.org/mpla/  There are instructions for how to get your computer set up to view the webcast, a listing of programs, etc.  Conference programs will be available online in real time, as well as being available for viewing 30 days after the conference.

Also, MPLA is archiving handouts and presentation materials for the conference at http://www.usd.edu/mpla/documents/handouts/2005/index.html - for those who are viewing the webcast, handouts are also available.

We will also have a blog at http://mplawla2005.blogspot.com/ and plan on doing local color and programs of interest to our bloogers.

Speakers of interest to Web4Lib are keynote speaker Roy Tennant, SirsDynix's Stephen Abram and Jim Wilson.

For more information on the conference, see the conference website at http://wyla.org/2005conference/

Erin Kinney
WLA Vice President & WLA/MPLA Joint Conference Co-Chair
Erin Kinney
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Wyoming State Library
2301 Capitol Avenue