[Web4lib] Simple database on the web

Francesco Giacanelli francesco.giacanelli at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 3 05:00:53 EST 2005

Dear Web4libbers,

I am librarian in a small documentation centre of the Italian Library
for the Blind. Among other things, I have also to do the website
administration. Actually we are in the process of redesign our website,
and I have the need to find a tool which allows me to publish in a
simply manner (I don't have the time, nor the expertise, to learn deeply
the functions of db admin) simple database on the web.
For example: actually we have office address on our site simply listed,
and it could be useful for patrons to have a simple form to search for
an office. The need I have is basically interact with simple database.
I have reviewed  some CMS (e.g. Plone, Xaraya, Wordpress) but I did
understand if they implement this possibilities (this could probably due
to the lack of my technical knowledge).
Have you got any advices? Consider that we have to rely on an external
ISP, so the tools could be easily implement on it.
Thanks very much for the advice, and sorry for my bad english
Regards
Francesco Giacanelli, Roma, Italy
francesco.giacanelli at tiscali.it