[Web4lib] RUSA MARS Program at Annual: "E-Reference Services: What Are Our Users Telling Us?"

Alan Stewart stewarta at memphislibrary.org
Tue May 31 16:16:37 EDT 2005

(This announcement is being cross-posted to several lists.)

2005 MARS Chair's Conference Program

E-Reference Services: What Are Our Users Telling Us?

Sunday, June 26, 2005
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Grand Ballroom, Chicago Intercontinental Hotel
505 N. Michigan Avenue

How much do we know about information-seeking behaviors in the digital
age and how well e-reference services mesh with users' expectations?
Instant Messaging is used by 90% of teens and 48% of adults online,
according to a recent survey. Yet many e-reference services report low
usage. What role does--and will--the library play for our
digitally-oriented clientele? Just what can we learn from our users that
will help us plan and design 21st-century electronic reference services?

Join us to hear from a distinguished panel and then participate in a Q&A
session.

Speakers: Sara Weissman (Morris County NJ Public Library), Charles
McClure (Florida State University) and Sharon Morris (AskColorado,
Colorado State Library).

Louise Greene (Anne Arundel Community College) and Laura Kortz (New
Jersey City University) will join the speakers for the Q&A.

Alan Stewart
Interim Electronic Services Coordinator
Memphis Public Library & Information Center 3030 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111
phone: (901) 415-2856
fax: (901) 323-7108
e-mail: stewarta at memphislibrary.org