[Web4lib] converting MP3 to streaming audio

Breakall, Scott BreakallS at chesterfield.gov
Tue May 31 12:40:28 EDT 2005

John,

The simplest way to accomplish this is to upload the MP3 file to your server, then create an M3U (playlist) file that points to the MP3 and upload it, and create a link on your web page to the M3U file.  The user clicks on the link to the M3U file, which calls up the MP3 file and actually starts the stream.  The MP3 file will be loaded and played in the user's default MP3 player (could be WMP, RealPlayer, iTunes, Winamp, etc.).

Detailed instructions for creating the M3U file can be found near the bottom of this page (#1 Google hit for "mp3 stream m3u"):
http://www.transom.org/tools/webaudio/200403.mp3_streaming.html

~Scott~