[Web4lib] ALA RFP for Content Management System

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed May 25 13:48:03 EDT 2005

> > --Dave
> I really like Contribute as a low-cost alternative to a CMS.  In the
> vast, vast majority of organizations, it's probably all you
> really need.
> Couple it with some home-grown, server-side stuff, and I think you've
> got a pretty good solution, at a fraction of the cost.

Yes, this has been our experience. I have put off recommending we go with a
content system because of the time and expense, and I dont really think it
is worth it for us. I can manage what I need to do for the most part with
CSS and SSI's and templates. Occasionally I have to "freeze" things so I can
update a template. It does cause me to have to plan these freezes and all,
but I should be doing that anyway!

Lisa Pons-Haitz

Webmaster
University Libraries