[Web4lib] The Great Purge

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Mon May 23 13:02:25 EDT 2005

After the transition of this list, I am being buried by bounced email
messages. Part of this is my fault, since I admit to letting my
management duties lapse a bit in the last several months. But part is
due to the fact that ListProc would set dubious addresses to "no mail",
which would effectively end the bounced mail, but leave the subscriber
on the list. Then, when we moved the list to WebJunction, these "no
mail" accounts again became active.

The upshot is that I am removing hundreds of addresses from the list,
in a manner perhaps similar in numeric scope to Stalin removing
opponents. Therefore, if, by some chance I remove you erroneously,
please forgive me and sign up again. If you run into any kind of
trouble, please email me directly, but please be patient as I have a
rather heavy travel schedule these days. Thanks,
Roy