[Web4lib] Library sites on portal software

HAZEL Margaret E margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us
Fri May 20 17:52:27 EDT 2005

I'm in the midst of moving our site into a portal environment that our
city selected.  There are certain...challenges...involved, such as that
each main content area cannot have links to other internal pages easily,
unless you get them up that way especially.

Can anyone point me to other library web sites - particularly public
library - that are employing portal software?  We are specifically using
Plumtree, but I'd be glad to be able to take a look at how other
libraries have handled this, and especially how they have handled
integration with parent organization (in our case, the City) mandatory
navigation and header elements.

I believe that Denver Public may be using a portal, but they are not
within a city portal structure.

Thanks.

-Margaret
Margaret E. Hazel