[WEB4LIB] How do we set to digest now?

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri May 20 15:55:51 EDT 2005

> Re: [WEB4LIB] Desktop weather alerting?Thank you, Andrew!
> Seems like a little correction is in order (something we all have called
> our attention from time to time).
> "Unsubscibe or Edit Options" does not tell the user (at least, not this
> one)
> that clicking that buttom will result in a password being sent to the
> user's
> email address.

Mailman has a lot of canned text that produces a standard subscriber's page
guaranteed to baffle 90% of the people who are forced to interact with it.
I've managed Mailman lists for years and this is definitely a weakness in
Mailman (that, and lack of stats, and kludgy moderation tools--PUBLIB is now
unmoderated Web4Lib-style, though I consider that a plus).

I'd appreciate input on whether the page I've just modified for PUBLIB is a
little better, since we've been dealing with the same issues on that list: