[WEB4LIB] Creating EbscoHost Single Search Box

Paul R. Pival ppival at ucalgary.ca
Thu May 12 16:10:24 EDT 2005

Hi Mike, I threw this at one of our systems folk, who sent me this back:

<form method="get" action="http://search.epnet.com/login.aspx"
name="ebscosearch">
 <input name="direct" value="true" type="hidden">
 <input name="db" value="aph" type="hidden">
 <input name="bQuery" type="text">
 <input name="Search" value="Search" type="submit">
</form>

... and if it does work, then you could also probably replace the hidden
"db" value with a drop-down list and the the user select an ebsco database.

I went ahead and tried to plug in three different databases and it
seemed to do just what I had hoped - search three databases
simultaneously...

<form method="get" action="http://search.epnet.com/login.aspx"
name="ebscosearch">
 <input name="direct" value="true" type="hidden">
 <input name="db" value="aph" type="hidden">
 <input name="db" value="ecn" type="hidden">
 <input name="db" value="mth" type="hidden">
 <input name="bQuery" type="text">
 <input name="Search" value="Search" type="submit">
</form>

Is this what you're after?

Paul R. Pival
Distance Education Librarian