[WEB4LIB] I Need a "forgot password" PHP script

Randy Norwood randy.norwood at ttu.edu
Mon May 9 14:39:48 EDT 2005

I did one recently, and will send you the code separately. It checks against
a MySQL database that already contains the registration info for the
application. You could just as easily check against an user list in a text
file.

Before sending a new password (the passwords are hashed, so nobody,
including me, can recover them) the user is required to authenticate to our
campus single sign-on system. It seems like you will need to authenticate
the users somehow; otherwise it would be trivial to abuse. Perhaps you could
use a password reminder (name of your dog when you were a child, etc).

--
Randy Norwood
E-mail: randy.norwood at ttu.edu