Sound files work in IE but not Netscape - anyone see my mistake?

Joan Graham jgraham at starklibrary.org
Wed May 18 14:45:42 EDT 2005

Folks,

Would anyone who has time (LOL) please look at the code on these pages:

http://www.stark.lib.oh.us/snapshotsintime.html

http://www.stark.lib.oh.us/snapshotswelcome.html

http://www.stark.lib.oh.us/bethlehemtwppeople.html

On the first page, the sound file should begin playing when the page is
done loading. It does, in IE, but total silence from Netscape; have
tested in version 7 and earlier browsers.

The second and third pages have user directions to mouse over an image,
to begin the sound file. Again, great in IE, nothing from Netscape. It
HAS to be an error in code, but I can seem to see it. I use Dreamweaver
behaviors, but also hand wrote some code for Netscape.

Thanks in advance for any light on this.

Joan Graham

Stark County District Library