No subject

Wed May 18 14:29:02 EDT 2005

>From bennettt at am.appstate.edu  Thu Oct 29 06:47:00 1998
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:38:38 -0500
From: TMGB <bennettt at am.appstate.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
Subject: Annoyed with those little popup windows ?

This is from PC World's hsareware e-newsletter:
The last line of the description might also prove worthwhile in controling
windows in patron workstations.
I haven't tried this so I don't know how well it works but I thought some
might be interested in acquiring this accessory.
PopAway
Shut down those annoying pop-ups, advertisements, and banners once and
for all. PopAway automatically destroys any new window that tries to
open, but you maintain complete control over how many windows you
will--and will not--allow open at any time.

http://www.pcworld.com/r/shw/1%2C2087%2C5558%2C00.html

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine