No subject

Wed May 18 14:29:02 EDT 2005

>From gpoitras at ggu.edu  Wed Oct 28 13:25:22 1998
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:16:30 -0800
To: GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu,
        Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
From: Gilles Poitras <gpoitras at ggu.edu>
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] WebBooks: Identification, Acquisition and Management

I would toss out another category, print books with online supplements.

The web is an easy way for an author to publish additional information
after a book is printed.

Adam Engst has done this with his Internet Starter Kit, both the Macintosh
and Windows versions of the book.

I am going to soon upload a supplement to my forthcoming book The Anime
Companion.
	http://www.stonebridge.com/~sbp/animecomp.html

In fact when I upload the first parts of the supplement, possibly this
weekend, I will be able to note an omission in the book's bibliography
before it is even shipped to retailers.

My supplement will be available through my personal home page:
	http://www.sirius.com/~cowpunk/

Gilles Poitras	gpoitras at ggu.edu
Golden Gate University - University Library