[WEB4LIB] Re: In defense of stupid users

Chen, Shu Sue ChenS at scc.losrios.edu
Thu May 5 13:49:00 EDT 2005

Here is an anecdote:

A patron asked for a piece of information that was somewhat challenging
to find. (Forgot what it was.)  I had to ask my fellow librarians for
help.  A couple of us were really turned on after checking some obvious
sources and failed to locate the information.  We all dived feverishly
and thoughtfully into the reference shelves and web resources.  When we
finally found the answer, the patron was long gone. We were sorry that
he left without having his question answered, but we felt nonetheless
pleased with our work.

Has it ever happened to you?

Sue Chen
Public Service Librarian