No subject

Kukulka, Edward J. Edward.Kukulka at fairfaxcounty.gov
Wed May 18 14:18:17 EDT 2005

We are exploring automating our periodical check in process. Right now
when journals arrive in our branches, staff is using a combination of
databases, spreadsheets, Word, HTML and cards to track which issues have
been received. We want to develop a system that is easy for circulation
staff to process the journals as they are received and for Librarians to
use to retrieve information about which issues of a journal are in the
branch.

We are interested in hearing what other libraries are doing.

What type of system are you using? Was it purchased or home grown? If it
was purchased what product are you using? If it is home grown how long
did it take to develop and what technologies are you using?

Ed Kukulka
Internet Services
Fairfax County Public Library, VA
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/