form to send input to one of several recipients

Joan Graham jgraham at starklibrary.org
Wed May 18 14:15:45 EDT 2005

Dear Folks,

I'm sure it can be done, but so far it's not happening:

For our staff forms section on the library's web site, I need to create
a form for an employee to submit a request for job reclassification. I
have many forms already on our site that use Matt's Form Mail script (on
our host server)  to send input to an e-mail recipient. Some of the
forms will send the same input to multiple recipients, using the script
to process the info from the form.

Now I have a form made, currently for testing at
http://www.stark.lib.oh.us/reclassform.html

The employee is supposed to fill in the form, and then choose one  name
from a scrolling list of four possible e-mail recipients. I have a
hidden field in the form with the e-mail addresses of all four
recipients, but the user is supposed to choose only one from the
scrolling list, and based on  his choice, the form is to go to only that
one recipient. I have a Submit button at the end of the form. Presently,
of course, the form works but it insists on going to all the recipients
in the hidden field.

I've made menus in other pages that would cause a user to go to a
certain URL, based on his choice from a pull-down menu, and they all
worked fine, but they didn't involve a form or a cgi script.

Who out there knows how to make the form input go to just one of the
four recipients, based on which the user selects from the list? TIA.

Joan Graham

Stark County District Library