Present State and Future of Libraries

Simone Cuester simone.cuester at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Mar 3 05:04:15 EST 2005

Dear Librarians,

within the framework of a current project funded by the German Research
Foundation (DFG) and as a part of my master’s thesis at the Chair of
Business Administration and Marketing at the Bielefeld University in
Germany, I’m working on a research project about:
“Libraries and Information Systems - an International Perspective”.

An international questioning in the countries Great Britain, USA,
Austria, Switzerland and Germany contributes best to investigate the
present situation of the public and scientific libraries and to thus
make a lasting contribution to its optimization.
Your library has been selected as a representative of the libraries in
your country in order to reproduce the opinion of the library
management in the United States.
That’s why I ask you this way to participate at this online questioning
until March  11,  2005.
Answering the questions will take approximately 5-10 minutes.
Since the questionnaire puts a special emphasis on the current national
situation of the whole library system, it would be very helpful if you
could pass it on to the library management or to those colleagues who
are particularly familiar with this topic.

Pleas choose the right link to go to the questionnaire.

You can attain the questionnaire for academic libraries following the
link below:

http://www.wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de/~decker/cuester/befraca.htm

You can attain the questionnaire for public libraries following this
link:

http://www.wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de/~decker/cuester/befrpub.htm

Of course, your answers will be handled strictly confidential. If you
have further questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact me via the
address below.
Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards
Simone Cuester

simone.cuester at uni-bielefeld.de
Chair of Business Administration and Marketing
Department of Economics and Business Administration
Bielefeld University, Germany
http://www.wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de/~decker/englisch/index-e.html