Web Programmer Positions

Suzanne M. Gray sgray at umich.edu
Tue Mar 15 14:56:32 EST 2005

The University of Michigan University Library is seeking two dynamic Web
programmers to join the Web Services unit of the Library Information
Technology Division.

The Web Services unit manages and develops the University Library's Web
environment.  Current projects include:

--Continued development of the Library's Search Tools (Metalib) federated
search tool.

--Development of a content management system for the Library's public and
staff Web sites

--Provide programming support for the Library's major initiative to
integrate Library resources and services within the University's
Sakai-based course management system environment

--Development of innovative programs to deliver the highest quality
service to the UM community

A full description of Web Services, along with our goals for this year can
be found at:

http://www.lib.umich.edu/lit/ws/

The posting for this position is available at:

http://websvcs.itcs.umich.edu/jobnet/job_posting.php?postingnumber=043480

Although the position is posted as a Programmer Analyst II, for candidates
who have the MLS or equivalent, we can consider a librarian appointment,
rank to be determined at the point of hire, based on previous relevant
experience and qualifications.

Suzanne Gray
Web Services Manager
University Library