[WEB4LIB]

Erik Hetzner egh at ocf.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 23 20:52:12 EST 2005

Hello Anita et al.

If you grab the MARC4J jar <http://marc4j.tigris.org>, you can run the following (assuming
you have an installation of java):

java -cp <marc4j.jar> org.marc4j.util.MarcXmlWriter <marc-file> <xml-file>

where <marc4j.jar> is the path to the marc4.jar. You should be able to
run this under either Unix or the Windows command prompt. This outputs
MARCXML; if you use the -xsl <xsl-file> option, you can process the
MARCXML with an XSLT stylesheet.’

You can also do this the other way round:

java -cp <marc4j.jar> org.marc4j.util.XmlMarcWriter <xml-file> <marc-file>

Best,
Erik Hetzner