[WEB4LIB] RE: Web Page Width - To Restrict or Not to Restrict

Beth A Reiten reitene at okstate.edu
Fri Mar 18 11:38:00 EST 2005

Brandon,

I think you're referring to the report by John Morkes and Jakob Nielsen,
"Concise, SCANNABLE, and Objective: How to Write for the Web"
(http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/writing.html).  Nielsen also has
an Alertbox called "How Users Read on the Web"
(http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html) based on this study.

If not, I'd love to see the study if you can find it!

OSU is currently changing the campus IT structure and my e-mail will
continue to be extremely unreliable for the foreseeable future.  If you
have sent a message which I did not respond to, please try to resend it.
Beth Reiten, Asst. Professor & Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-9109