[WEB4LIB] looking for a link checking software

Nick Dobbing ndobbing at uoguelph.ca
Mon Mar 14 18:29:00 EST 2005

I've had some success with an inexpensive shareware package called
CyberSpyder Link Test. I've certainly had no problems checking links on
dynamic pages. Provided these are available via hyperlink, under normal
circumstances a link checker shouldn't have a problem.

Cyberspyder runs on Windows, and I've had some stability issues with it on
Windows XP, but you may have a different experience. It's fast, and produces
useful HTML reports of broken links. You can run a trial for 60 days to see
if you like it, and it's much less expensive than Link Checker Pro. Have a
look:

http://www.scc.losrios.edu/~library/webdirectory/web_subject_guides.htm

Regards,

Nick Dobbing