Wireless Librarian moving to Wireless Libraries Blog

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Mar 14 15:43:12 EST 2005

News Release from The Wireless Librarian.

This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Please forward it
to where appropriate.

All good things must eventually change or cease being useful.  I am
porting the Wireless Librarian website over to a blog called Wireless
Libraries at:

http://wirelesslibraries.blogspot.com/

The Wireless Librarian website will close down as soon as all web pages
have been put into the blog.  I will leave referrer links for those who
have bookmarked my website.

I am looking for authors to help me add content to the blog on a regular
basis. If you are interested in becoming an author, please let me know
and I will add you as a "member."  I want to make this a true community
owned resource.  I decided on a blog because it gives me a little bit of
editorial control for quality and content.  I may eventually move it
over to a wiki if that looks advantageous.

I will continue to maintain and mange the LibWireless discussion list. I
may set up a second blog to forward e-mails to from LibWireless.  That
would be automatic if it does happen.

The list of libraries with wireless will not be part of the blog
directly.  This list will now be part of Marshall Breeding's
lib-web-cats database.  This is an ideal location for this information.
The database is searchable by many different fields including type of
library.  Marshall has added two fields to the database, one to indicate
a wireless network and one free form field for adding your network
information and policies.  Each library in my original list will have to
update or input their information.  The database is at:

http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats/

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
Morrisville State College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog: http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/
 "To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert