[Web4lib] Access 2005 registration is now open

Kenton Good kenton.good at ualberta.ca
Fri Jul 29 15:16:17 EDT 2005

The Access 2005 conference (http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/) will be
taking place in Edmonton, Alberta, October 17th - 19th, 2005. The Access
conference is the preeminent Canadian library technology conference and
typically attracts librarians and information technology professionals from
all over Canada and abroad.

Keynote speakers and topics this year include:

Canada's Choice: Copyright, Culture and the Internet - Dr. Michael Geist
Dr. Michael Geist is the Canada Research Chair of Internet and E-commerce
Law at the University of Ottawa.
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/

The Library and the Network - Lorcan Dempsey
Lorcan Dempsey is VP of Research for OCLC. He oversees the work of OCLC
Research and participates in OCLC's Strategic Leadership Team. Lorcan was
named OCLC Chief Strategist in March 2004.
http://orweblog.oclc.org/

Cliff's Notes, 2005 - Clifford Lynch
Clifford Lynch has been the Director of the Coalition for Networked
Information (CNI) since July 1997. CNI, jointly sponsored by the Association
of Research Libraries and EDUCAUSE, includes about 200 member organizations
concerned with the use of information technology and networked information
to enhance scholarship and intellectual productivity.
http://www.cni.org/staff/clifford_index.html

A Radioactive Metadata Record Approach for Interoperability Testing Based on
Analysis of Metadata Utilization - Dr. William E. Moen
Dr. William Moen is a Fellow in the Texas Center for Digital Knowledge, and
an Associate Professor in the School of Library and Information Sciences,
University of North Texas.
http://www.unt.edu/wmoen/

The complete list of topics and presenters is listed on our conference
website: http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/schedule/index.html

We are pleased to offer an early-bird registration rate until September 15,
2005: http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/registration/

We are anticipating capacity attendance so don't delay!!

For more information regarding our excellent conference hotel rates, please
visit our accommodation page:
http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/accommodation.php

There are a number of activities planned around Access this year including a
METS Opening Day Canada pre-conference on Saturday October 15th
(http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/?p=14), Hackfest on Sunday October
16th (http://access2005.library.ualberta.ca/hackfest.php), and the Netspeed
Conference following Access on October 19th - 21st, 2005
(http://www.thealbertalibrary.ab.ca/netspeed/netspeed2005/info_2005.html).

We hope to see you in Edmonton!