[Web4lib] Google limit of 1,000 results

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Sun Jul 24 14:43:44 EDT 2005

Actually, I had a good example of a time when thet Google limit of ~1000
results interferes with a real search process. The recent news event of
bombings at Sharm al-Sheikh resort. A few hours after the event, I was
trying to find the earliest known news report of the event. Went to Google
News, sorted by date, and there were more than a 1000 articles, so could
not even get close to finding the first one.

I'm sure there are other not uncommon valid searches where the 1000 limit
causes problems.

Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu