[Web4lib] website design

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:10:37 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Larissa Gordon <madam.librarian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone please recommend a good source (something short and easy
> to access) of information about website design for academic libraries.
> I'm not looking for help with creating a page or evaluating its
> accessibility for disabled users. I'm just looking information about
> how to structure the flow and visual layout of information effectively
> so the website is user friendly for patrons.
>
> thank you !!!!
>
> -Lara

Jonathan made a great suggestion - Steve Krug's book is great! Another
couple that I've found really helpful for structuring the information in a
web site is the classic "Information Architecture For The World Wide Web" (
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596000359/) and "The Elements
of User Experience: User Centered Design For The Web" (
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735712026). Hope those help!

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com